My Blog List

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Valentines Day Gift Ideas!


This little angel is sitting on a painted paper machei (sp) box that I added round painted wooden legs to. Another tin heart attatched to her wing states there is an "Angel On Duty"
The tag suggests that it can be used as a "God Box".
A God box which many of us "12 steppers" use, is a great way to literally "let go" of anything that we may be holding on to that needs to be turned over to our Higher Power,A.K.A. God.
For instance, when Im fearing, freaking, tweaking, or resenting, someone or about something, I write down only one sentence on a post it, such as...Im having an artistic block, or I dont know how to spell paper machei, (smile) or my husband had the NERVE to say such and such to me. Then I put the paper in the box, say a little prayer that God please take this annoyance from me and I continue adding whatever my gripes, fears, etc. may be for 30 days.
At the end of the month, I open the box and re-read the scraps and the beauty in these God Boxes is that "most" times, I cant even remember what my husband had the nerve to say to me. Not because he says sooo many things that may frost my fanny, but because I intentionally took spiritual action to surrender it to God. It was important enough for me to take the time to write it down and pray it away when it happened 30 days prior and yet most of the time, I have to dig to think about what it was. Oh Thank God for both answered and unanswered prayers!
For me, the moral of the God Box is...How important is this going to be in a year? 30 days????
Its also a great project for any of us to make for or with a family &/or friend. You dont have to be in a 12 step program for this to successfully work in your life. I think its a great tool, a great reminder to take a few minutes out of our day to work towards a solution rather than allow whats irritating us to sit and marinade in resentment. Plus it never hurts to let God know how were doing. (not that He doesnt know already, but He likes us to talk with Him)
It can also be a gratitude box to "give thanks" for blessings, and unexpected surprises as well.

1 comment:

Rilda said...

Love it Kat! Awesome ideal and you have done a beautiful job on creating it. What a precious Box! Love you! rilda