My Blog List

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Gift for Karen

It was bittersweet saying
Thank you" to my mentor/life coach/
therapist/ and now friend, "Karen". She blessed me with the gift of "believing in me" in early sobriety. We met every Wednesday morning at 7:30-9:00 & she helped me to dig deep & excavate some painful areas that kept me sick and suffering for many years. She guided me into the light of finding my own authentic spirit & how to embrace & celebrate that energy by passionately creating whatever God had planted inside of me.

Karen helped me learn the powerful gifts of self forgiveness and new beginnings. I made this primitive doll I named "Mary" for Karen to remind her of the Power and Love made available to me when she introduced me to "Mary" The Virgin Mother. Now I have Mary in my life to love as passionately as I love Jesus.

So although I dont meet with Karen any longer, we still keep in touch and I know its a beautiful friendship that I will celebrate forever.
I am excited for the anonymous women that will benefit from Karen as I did, when I walked through her door on that August morning so many years ago. She may be gone, but certainly not forgotten.

No comments: