My Blog List

Friday, February 15, 2008

MERCANTILE GATHERING MAGAZINE!!!!!




I am soooo happy to be able to share with you what I consider to be the MOTHER LOAD of primitive treasures.
Now...most artists,. artisans, crafters, or home improvers, myself included are just out of control and addicted to our favorite periodicals, or otherwize known as "magazines"
A couple of my "have to haves" or "hunt down, & were not going home until I get one in my hands" (husband in tow) are "Create & Decorate" Mary Englebriets "Home Companion" & of course "Country Sampler" When the "Country Marketplace" went out of business a couple of years ago...I was in mourning for months. BUT PRIMITIVE LOVERS....for those who have never heard of "MERCANTILE GATHERING MAGAZINE" allow me to turn you on.
This magazine promises to delight you with primitive stories, Prim shoppes in and out of your area, patterns, primitive homes, page after page of eye candy...I will not be responsible for any drooling that may occur. It makes available an amazing oppertunity to advertize your own business, meet other primitive artists, and perhaps network and expand your own passions.
Mercantile Gathering Magazine has patterns and inspires countless womenfolk like myself to want to attempt new projects or tweak your own passions, such as Rug Hooking, Needle punching, Doll making, stitching, quilting, sewing, painting, applique, decorating ideas for shoppes, homes, and gardens, doll sculpting, sign making.....lions and tigers and bears ohh my!!!!!!
Please treat yourself and go to my dear friend Twigs' website which will afford you all the info needed to purchase just one issue or a subscription. You can email Miss Fay who is the "go to girl" and very creative publisher who wears many hats to keep this baby going. I promise... you wont be disappointed.
Also while you are at "Primitive Blessings byTwigs n Sprigs" website, treat yourself to her stories, beautiful pictures of her shoppe, home, recipies, offers, web designs, patterns, stationary AND amazing primitive rubber stamps....(I know I have some) and links... just tell her Scaredy Kat sent ya! ENJOY!!!!!!

7 comments:

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Mercantile Gathering is a wonderful mag! The others ya named are wonderful too! I look so forward to gettin' my C&D mag in the mail! :> )
~Peanut

BittersweetPunkin said...

I am going to have to check that out...thanks Kat!!Have a great weekend!!
Hugs,
Robin

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

hey girl!! did you know that I pay for pfatt the ebay group, to advertise in Mary Englebreit's magazine each month? Great magazine!! thanks for sharing too. Do you sell your stuff. .and where?
robin

Stacey said...

Hey Kat!

Isn't Twigs the best? She's a wonderful soul and the Magazine is tops! She asked me if I would like to be featured in the second edition( YES! of course!)...now even after several years, I still get emails and calls from people that enjoyed the article. With that being said.... I hope that I will open the magazine up one day and find you there! Doing the dance here that what embraces your heart brings you fortune!!

Always!

Roons~

BittersweetPunkin said...

As soon as I get my head on straight I plan on emailing you!!...Thanks for the address!
Hugs,
Robin

Cookie said...

I love all the mags you mentioned too ... all top quality pieces.
And might I mention, they make GREAT birthday gifts (hint hint)
L♥L

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Yoo hoo... Oh Kat... Please go check out my blog...
:> )
~Peanut