My Blog List

Friday, August 13, 2010

New Chapter...

"Recovering The Self" has invited me to write for them and to be a part of their magnificent family/team. Of course I thought about this amazing learning experience for me, I also of course asked my husband what he thought????...

I should have known that man couldnt be objective with anything concerning me, he is my number one supporter in anything & all I do...yup...even the crazy changes, colors, & doos I make in my hair at any given moment...he just loves me...& Im not sure who was more excited about this...me or him?

But then I thought perhaps this decision that was riding a bit high on my scale to just jump & grow some wings on the way down...to avoid this decision that might be based on ego or excitement, I went to my best friend in the whole world...God.

This is what I heard...& I dont even talk like this so although it was my voice, it was His words.

"Child, you come to me daily in our talks, walks, or in your journal & ask me to honor the prayer of Jabez...and ask me to increase your territory, to bless you, to guide you... to keep you clean, sober & ever changing, to put people in your path, Yet here you are, still you lack clarity on this amazing oppertunity youve been invited to be a part of?"

Do you not trust me?

Kat interrupts & tells God its "her" she doesnt trust.....
Im sure He rolled His eyes...

"You have been blessed with your gift of words, your brand new life, family, friends, material luxuries, & I only did what you werent able to do for yourself, "you" child did the rest."

He was on a roll & then continued with this....

"Im touched that theres little you wont do without seeking guidance from me, but Kat, you are more than capable of walking thru any nervousness & give back what was so freely given to you...I know this road of recovery, radical changes in both forgiving others & forgiving yourself in addition to carrying the message hasnt always been easy, but as I always tell you...To whom much is given, much is expected.

I have given you much, it is time to give it away....I want you to accept this blessing with the gratitude, with the love & experiences we have been thru together & I want you to accept this gift & then do some re-gifting... touch lives...You have made a difference in mine.....love, God"

So I emailed my editor back & humbly accepted this generous offer to write, I thanked him for believing in me, trusting me with this monumental responsibility & honor, & especially for wanting to help me follow my dreams while writing for this amazing magazine that celebrates & embraces healing, the mind, body & spirit.
So once again, Im following my bliss. Im dwelling in possibility, & Recovering the Self.


So the hubs & I are sitting on our front porch this evening & Opies havin a ball, jaws snappin at flies...trying to befriend a bumble bee & just sittin there as cute as cute can be...panting, smiling, trying to lick me,& Grampa.
He just sittin there staring into my soul with his big dark beautiful liquid brown eyes, & Im thinkin how beautiful would this picture be?
So I grab the camera & attempt snapping the picture of the year...

EZPZ this guys a ham....

"Here Opie, Grammies takin your picture...

You who......
look at Grammie....
O-O-O-P-I-E...
Come on Opers, Ill give you a cookie"...
all of a sudden, hes camera shy????

..when in tarnation did THAT happen?


He squinted his eyes,
stopped smiling started scowling & wouldnt look at me..
not for love or money
( actually not really money but snausages).

So this is what I got...
the pout.

These Hollywood stars forget where they came from.
Hes no Eddie on Frazier thats for sure!


Ok, so I may or may not trying to push fall.
I love me some fall.
I painted this crow & pumpkin, & made it into a cute little pillow to tuck somewhere special. I found this pattern in an old issue of one of my favorite magazines... Create & Decorate,I mean besides Recovering The Self....
BUT...
Im so embarrassed, I cant for the life of me remember who the awesome designer was, Im wanting to say Susan Byrd, but in all fairness, to keep me a Scaredy Kat & not a copy Kat, (cuz Homie dont play that)I promise to research her name for sure & edit this & include her name tomorrow.

I also finally finished one of Terrye Frenches designs on this piece of wood I found in someones outside trash...HELLO! my trash to treasure...now my husband once again wouldnt hear of me fussin & complaining that Id made so many mistakes, Im just hopin when it was all said & dont Terrye French may not WANT me to credit her with the final outcome...LOL
Im just sayin....
Well...Suck it up Ter, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do...but my husband was so cute, he said, "Babe, theres never mistakes when creating...its just "custom" LOL

Oh my dear Lord & all thats holy...

what did I ever do to deserve this man?

Thank you so much for stopping by & to all who left such heart warming comments to me about my new blog, my experiences, challenges, & hopes.
I dont know what Id ever do without any of you. ♥♥♥










1 comment:

Susan said...

I love this pillow with the crow!!! Do you make these to sell?
Would love one!

Susan
gardengalsu@gmail.com