My Blog List

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Gratitude!







MMMMMM, My home smells so nice this morning, the combination of coffee, wood burning from Ronnies new project, & the crisp breeze coming through the kitchen window reassuring us Fall is indeed around the corner.





Not sure when, or where my husband will be working next, both jobs he subcontracts for have been put on hold... both shops either waiting for materials or not being able to afford them has put our lives on hold.

We have always been well taken care of in the past when this unpredictable "SNAFU" visits us, we know this isnt any different, we dont panic, we utilize our creative options staying focused on what "we" can do, & leave the rest to God.
Or...........

we can insist Opie earns his keep & sit him on the side of a highway with a sign stating "Will do tricks for Begginstrips"

Ive been busy making apple cobbler, & painting a cute little denim jacket for Natalie Jo.
Painting on denim sure aint for cissies, but Im pleased with the results, Ive designed a whimsical goofy sunshine to complete the back side.

Ronnie was so sweet insisting that we go to Best Buy 3 days before my birthday & buy a WIFI Router thingy for my new laptop, so Im not so limited in one area of our house.
Ive been wanting to create a studio of sorts upstairs in the empty & rather large finished, attic with 2 rooms. I can bring the laptop up there & work upstairs either painting, sewing or writing.
in the really "red" rooms...
Had no idea when the newlyweds were living here & encouraged to paint their new digs any color they wanted....that it would be "Bordello Red"
but it is....
really red.

Ronnie also surprized me with the new issue of Create & Decorate...(ran to AC Moore w/o me) (how stinkin cute is that????)& its a good one.
I cannot WAIT to begin making some adoreable Bats from Denise Whites "The Cats Pyjamas", & a couple of perfect prim & whimsical pumkin dolls by a variety of artists.

So Ive got a busy day ahead of me...its a wonderful cool & dry day to make some delicious Cheeseburg Casserole with a healthy salad from fresh veggies from our local Farmers Market, finish up Nats jacket & do some writing for RTS for their next issue. I still cannot wrap my thoughts around this amazing oppertunity that takes my breath away.
Just a quick note before closing, I did research on a recent post concerning the designers' name I wasnt sure of who designed the crow & pumpkin I painted & made into a fall pillow & I was right, it was indeed "Susan Burd". (She just rocks)

Thank you for stopping by, it JUST tickles me knowing you care enough to swing by.

I hope everyone has a fun filled week celebrating all weve been blessed with!♥

No comments: