My Blog List

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nat-urday Healing

What a winter wonderland we awoke to this morning. Caught Ronnie RED Handed outside this morning brushing cars off....5 days after a 3 & 1/2 hour hernia surgery that was supposed to be a quick one hour in and out ... followed by a very intense recovery room experience where his blood pressure dropped & he became shock-y & concerned the nurses & his wife...so stitches in tact, hes outside this morning grinning as Im looking at him from the door as if he lost his mind....I told him if he needs to DO something, he could DO the dishes!
WHATEVER!
So Natalie & the kids left yesterday & gratefully missed this weather going back to Jersey. I am pretty proud of myself, the neighbors werent snickering because Jordan & Ronnie had to pry my body off of their bumper as they left the drive way & I see lil Nats tattooed stamped hand waving goodbye.
OMGAWD! Dont think for a minute that hanging on their bumper did NOT cross my mind...
Its certainly NOT beneath me...
Nothing is when it comes to this little girl.
NO-THING!
My integrity is still in tact!
This time....
What a wonderful & healing visit it was. Dave called his brother, his best friend & they all went out to eat...
and....
to drink.....
LOTS of drinkin...
Im not sure I needed or wanted to hear all about shots they competed shooting...
Im in recovery...not them...
They were all pretty funny talking about the "Booty Shakin Bar" they went to...I cant picture either of my very manly sons "shakin their booties"
I think one may have...
they aint sayin much about that...
I got my money on the copper.....
Yeah, hes the one who woke up with the hangover the size of Texas....
Fried dough is a great hang over reliever...my dainty lil size 2 daughter in law sat down & threw 6 pieces down her gullet,then went back for 2 more.
She can do that & get away with it...she stays fit chasin Nat around.
Mannnnnn...I got a whole new respect for toddler owners...the back of my thighs, calves and.... and...
well my bootie shakin would make any of the "shakers" workin the pole the night in question very proud!
Pop Pop & I are certifiably beat! pooped.
Oh how cute was Natalie saying "Pop Pop...Pop pop...where my pop Pop? Nattie want Pop pop....
Yeah.....
NO!
At first the kids & I were all thinkin how stinkin sweet is that????? Of course olde Pop Pop is just beaming like a fool...She didnt want much of anything to do with any of us. I pick her up & shes struggling lookin for...yeah... Pop Pop...
WHATEVER!
The kids & I were all smilin in front of him...all sweet like but we were all lookin at each other rollin our eyes!!!!! It WAS getting a little annoying!
Rons cracking up saying "WHAAAT? I didnt do anything,...I cant help it...(she loves me)"
What does he know, hes all gooned up on dilaudid...
Lucky bast...
So Lana baked us all this sinful & I would imagine illegal or should be..Applebee Blondie with 100 % pure Vermont made syrup & Vanilla bean ice cream....
We spent 2 days eating, laughing, joking, picture taking...40 pictures to victimize each and every one of you at any given time...
OHHHH COME ON yall...you KNEW I was a Gramma idiot, so dont go acting all surprized NOW!








Pop pop was just beaming from ear to ear as he proudly exercized his right of passage & gave Nattie her first rub on (shhhh dont tell her its not real) Tattoo on her little hand...she calls it Pop pops Kakkoo!
All that experience did was make Ronnie want to have her sized for her first Leather jacket!
Unca Jordan was another problem....
and DORA!
Next visit...
Im banning anything having to do with Dora...
or Pop Pop...
Or anyone who diverts her attention to where it should be...
ON ME! Oh shes got my heart as no other.
The house is eerily & sadly quiet & clean.
I didnt even care for 2 full days it was TODDLER TRASHED! I was in my ever lovin sweet glory....
Can someone please pass the damn box of Kleenex?????
So back to life, back to reality. Im going to be starting a commisioned frog doll for a dear friendof mine who is married to one of my old (as in time not in age) counselors who I consider one of my Mentors today. Alceen honored me & asked me to create a frog for her emulating her personality & embracing her very passionate cause being an advocate for Domestic Violence. I will soon be knee deep in purple solids & prints making a dress & bloomers...ohhhh the sweet relief I always find in the healing qualities of Art Therapy.
Thank you all for stopping by & having a cuppa cawfee with me.
May we all smile & feel hope in our hearts for better tomorrows & embrace all of our todays...
thanks for being a part of mine♥


























No comments: