My Blog List

Monday, November 15, 2010

Kindness Matters




These 2 cuties are the loves of my life...The one on the left trying desperately to leave the death grip I had on her for this one picture...(in which she won) is Enola...her parents, Matt & Nicole & brother Mike are my secondary family... And the little one dressed like Rocky Balboa "ala-fem" is my Grand daughter Natalie Josephine....they have nothing at all to do with the content of my blog entry but I have delightfully earned the rights to brag....Ronnie & I are driving to Jersey on the Friday after Thanksgiving (yes that would be black Friday) to spend the weekend with them. The kids have a wedding to go to on Saturday so well have Nat all day..."Of COURSE well keep Nattie tightly on her schedule" BAUUUGHHHH!!! and they believed us!!!!! LOL(Suckers) we havent seen her since June & I swear if she calls me Gamma again Im buyin her a car!♥
So look at me showing off all the recent loot I got in the mail from my best friend in Napa Cali...thanks Jody ♥ she hooked me up, she knows I love antiques, anything vintage & always quilts. In this huge box were 3 different pieces of old beautiful quilts...one I kinda got choked up with when I saw women had carefully & lovingly stitched their family names on them...and how they ever ended up in Jodys hands & now mine is beyond me but I am truely grateful & humbled & will take care of them with the love they surely deserve.
She also send me fun knick knacks, books (cuz were both reading addicts) some old vintage grunged baggage tags to use on my dolls, and a Coach bag....did you hear me??? Who sends their friends COACH BAGS????? a beautiful large black one...Im showin it off in the picture somewhere around here...Im the happy redhead with the COACH BAG!
I also had a delightful surprize come in the mail from Create and Decorate my favorite Primitive magazine, I was informed my dear friend had ordered me a subscription cuz God told her to....WHEW... cuz of ALL the things God "could" have told her to do concerning me..like "ask her to clean up her mouth, or never mind her mouth...her CELLAR...yeah... tell her to clean & organize that borderline hoarding mess shes got down there..." but nope...gratefully He wanted her to bless me even more than she already does with the gift of plain old fashioned friendship which I appreciate more than a clean cellar by the way....so thank you R. I adore you too.
So anyone seein Pigs Flyin around????
ohh cuz they should have been since my youngest son Jordan decided to stop by to see is old Momz...I was so shocked.... I threw the digital across the living room into Ronnies hands & screamed " Dude....Start Clickin" Jordan was smirking at my sarcasm & even humored me during our photo shoot.....when I looked at the pics I said "Oh thank goodness I dont look fat" & my very sensitive son came back with..."Mom I was laying across you hiding everything"!!!!
TOUCHEE...
He was....
























LOOK
.....a Snowman Convention....
Look down....

I made these little Orna-Pins for the Nurses at the Treatment center I volunteer at every Friday morning. I thought theyd get a kick out of them..they can be worn on their lapels or used as ornaments for their trees.
I make the counselors 2 huge painted coffee cans that look like snowmen (the cans not the counselors) full of my homemade Reindeer Feed....Ill NEVER give up the recipie but its better than crack...well Ive been told....I wouldnt know...ahem...cough...cough...
All I know is the first ones free....
So at the end of the day Kindness is all that matters....
"People may never remember what you say but theyll always remember how you made them feel."
Live, laugh & love...
Thank you for spending a few minutes with me.















1 comment:

Renna said...

Kat, you crack me up everytime I read your posts. You are such a wit (and yes, I said wit, not half-wit!). ;-Þ

Those two little darlings in the first pictures are indeed adorable. Aren't you a blessed woman! Your youngest son is a real cutie, too, by the way. ;-)

I love your little snowmen ornies, and I bet the nurses at the center will get their socks blessed off by the gift, and the gesture.

A Coach bag? I'm not green with envy....much! ;-Þ