My Blog List

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Phela-doofia

I am back after a fabulously relaxing few days spent in Phela-doofia (as Nat calls it) And this is the sight I saw as soon as my head hit the top of the stairs up from the train platform.♥♥♥
 Oh mannnnn what a sight for sore eyes!
 She thinks her Gramma is  soooo cool...not so much for the duffel bag loaded with Christmas Presents I literally  assaulted several passengers & innocent bystanders with, (to celebrate our belated Christmas together)....not even because I gave her coins to put away to save, & even managaged to pull out of her ear as a very lame magic trick...

nope...
she thought I was cool cuz she was convinved I rode Thomas The Train!
We played Princess Natalie....forgive me for not posting "Princess Gramma" or Officer Gramma" pics but I would prefer to honor the last shred of integrity I like to pretend I maintain when being in her presence.
 Yeah...I know...I know.... that ship sailed a long time ago!

We danced  the night away one evening & I may or may not have taught her  how to master"The Booty Roll" and I have NO idea where she  EVER learned "The Sprinkler" :) but we were gittin jiggy with it, cuttin the rug up & busted out a few moves with our bad selves with some  80s music from my IPOD!

I was quite impressed & laughed so hard I thought I was gonna pee my pants when my very laid back son broke out & serenaded both Natalie & I with his rendition of Vanilla Ice's one hit wonder  "Ice Ice Baby".  Rapping word for word, from start to finish... not missing a word or a beat....Evidently not only does my brave son fight crime, serve & protect.... but he raps pretty tootin good for a white boy!

Im not even sure I "could" explain the faces he was making as he belted  out another rap song & one of MY all time favorites "The Humpty" in  all his very animated rapping persona! I love my son to the moon & back but I sure hope for his families sake....

 he dont quit his day job!

 So Im going to assemble a short list in menu form of all the excitement I experienced while away...

I almost had yet another near death experience when the cozy pull out bed Lana made for me tried to eat me alive...I was violently  sucked in between the cushions & the back of the sofa like a trash compacter that begin to roll me  (putting an enitre new spin on a roll away bed) to parts unknown with a ferocious momentum of its own... oh this sooo wasnt pretty, my arms & legs flailing arround like I was a drunk Circa Solie performer my Daughter in law screamed & my son...the cop...the rescuer of all in need.... just stood there almost crumbling ready to pee "his" pants.... until gratefully his wife screamed for him to DO SOMETHING, HELP YOUR MOTHER!...once I was freed, he said in a very serious cop voice...."Mom Im on vacation, I cannot be expected to be the hero when Im off duty!

I was introduced to a delicious variety of Russian food first being treated  at a cozy restaurant, then being spoiled by Lanas Borsh soup which is a type of beet & cabbage soup...& another fabulous dish I couldnt even begin to spell or pronounce. (Youll just have to trust me on this one)

I pimped my daughter in law out & deflowered her by introducing her to my absolute favorite accessory store called "Charming Charlie" and knowing what a jewelry addict she is & AND knowing my son will soon need a part time job to feed her new habit in this bling-y drug lair....I pompously pontificated "Son, Im on vacation, I cannot be expected to be a hero &/or sale friendly when Im off duty!"

While standing outside having my coffee with my son one morning, I was so excited to see a few falling snowflakes...."mom, its NOT SNOW its ashes from my cigarette thats swirling around" (rolling his eyes)... but I was convinced  & repeated that it was snow & once again he impatiently stated it wasnt snow but his ashes...
I took my "What-EV" attitude & went downstairs to my room to get ready for the day & looked out the sliding glass doors to what literally looked like a white out of...

wait for it...

SNOW!
I shot upstairs & said "Ohhhh Sir Son Knows It All"...look out the window at all the swirling cigarette ashes...he looked...he smirked & said "mom....there are alot of heavy smokers in Philly!"

I felt torn about coming home...being away from the hubs, my other son who I believe actually missed me...he texted me when I was there wishing me a good time telling me he loved me...WITH a smiley icon! Youd have to know my youngest son isnt a "smiley icon" kinda guy!
I could have lived my entire life without having the last vision I saw & cannot un-see of Natalie saying goodbye crying her little eyes out when we said goodbye in the car. Gramma NOOOOO PLEEEEEEASE! I had barely held it together before that...as if I needed her help with my own grown woman hic cupping quiet sobs, chin quivering, the lump stuck in the middle of my throat that wouldnt move....& the tears just waiting to race down my face with the next blink. I walked away not daring to look back feeling the saddest Id felt in a long time.
Didnt do much better holding my son goodbye. Either one of us wanted to let go.
I boarded the greyhound & didnt stop ruminating on that goodbye scene until a few minutes into our ride our bus driver took out a stop sign turning onto a street & kept on trucking...

Thank GOD for reckless bus drivers.

Angels dont always come with wings!

After transferring to Peter Pan in N.Y.C. with an hour wait, my mood finally began to brighten knowing I was going to see my husband, son, Sammy, Matt & Savanna!
When I got off the bus my Beloved hugged me so hard I felt like a newlywed! I think he actually missed me...when I shared it all twinkly eyed with my son he said "Dont get too excited mom, he probably really missed your cooking!"

So I shared the amazing sight I saw coming off the train with Natalie waiting for me in all her pig tail wonder...I want to share with you what awaited me when I got home....this is Savanna almost 2 months old...Oh heart of mine be still.♥
Thank you for spending a few minutes with me while sharing my Philedoofia adventure.
Remember the journey...not the destination!






No comments: